Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Hannah and Gabby!

Yesterday was our sweet Goldens, 8th birthday! Hammers Golden Hannah and Hammers Golden Gabby Girl are sisters. They have become part of our family and I can't believe its been 8 years ago that we got them! They are country bumpkin Goldens. You could stroll any city park in any city and see Goldens with beautiful, soft hair coats. Not our girls! They are country thru and thru! In fact, the other day I had to cut a big bunch of stickers out from behind Hannah's ears because I kept getting pricked when I tried to pet her! They also think that they are cow dogs, so don't anyone tell them that they aren't! If Tony goes out on horseback and doesn't want them to go, he has to pen them up!


Both Hannah and Gabby have given us three beautiful litters of Golden puppies. Here is Hannah with her last litter of eight. Her first two litters, she had 12 puppies each time. See the smile on her face. She was so happy to ONLY have eight!


Here's Gabby with her last litter. She had eight puppies in each litter.


This is one of my favorite puppy pictures! What a cute puppy face!


We call this picture, "Beware of the Dog"!


Want a real workout? Try taking pictures of eight puppies all going in different directions!


Tony and I would usually have to play with the puppies for 30 minutes to an hour to wear them out enough to get them to sit still to get one or two good pictures!


This was the last litter of puppies. We have some good friends in New Mexico who got a brother and sister pair. We still keep in touch with them and they let us know how the pups are doing! That has been one of the fun things about raising the puppies, is meeting other people who LOVE Goldens as much as we do!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda!

    Don't know if you would remember me or not but I bought a golden from you back in March of 2008. I am Active Duty AF and we were stationed at Buckley at the time. My Daughter and I drove from there to pick up a pup from you as a birthday present to my son Ethan. I know it has been 6 years but I just thought I would write you and give you an update on him in case you may be interested. So my son named him "Jack" and we have taken really good care of him. We have been in Hawaii for almost 3 years now and are getting ready to leave and move back to Colorado Springs this July. I would love to attach a picture of Jack but I do not see where I could do that on here. Anyway, I also want to express to you that he has been a great dog and has been healthy. He is also my running buddy! Take care. If you would like for me to send a pic of him please shoot me an e-mail at dsnider176@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete